This recipe is credited to Regina Jawad Baig who posted it in an FB Baking group
250g bread flour
50g sweet potatoes (steamed and pureed) ~ original recipe was pumpkin
50g sugar – reduce or omit if sweet potatoes is sweet
80 ml milk
1tbsp milk powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp yeast
20 g softened unsalted butter
1) Mix well all ingredients except butter till smooth.
2) Add in butter, knead till smooth and elastic.
3) Proof dough for about 1 hour, till twice its original size.
4) Punch out air from dough, divide and shape as desired.
5) Place shaped dough on baking tin, proof for the second time for about 50 mins or until doubled in size.
6) Egg wash, sprinkle with cheddar cheese and sugar. (If using)
7) Bake at preheated oven at 170 degree, about 20 mins or until golden brown. (Mine took 40 minutes in a loaf pan)
I’m joining Best Recipes for Everyone November 2014 Event Theme: Fresh from Oven ~ My Bread Story hosted by Fion of XuanHom’s Mom