Cheese/oreo Ogura Sponge Cake
80g cream cheese
cream from 8 pieces of oreos biscuits
1. Beat the egg white till frothy then add tartar, continue to beat until foamy then add sugar gradually, beating until a firm but not stiff meringue forms.
2. Add in the egg and egg yolks to the warm cheese batter, one at a time. Mix well then quickly add the oreo/flour mixture and give it a few stirs. Don’t let this batter sit too long after the oreo/flour mixture has been added.
3. Add meringue into batter in 3 portions using a hand whisk and then change to spatula to scoop batter from the bottom and fold in to ensure even mixing of batter to meringue.
4. Pour the batter into a 7 or 8 inch square pan (I used an 8 inch this time), tapping gently to even out the top.
5. Steam bath method, bake at 140c for 55-60 minutes.
Below is baked with Smeg oven at 150C for 70 minutes – too hot, cracked a bit. Steam bath method. Next bake, reduce temperature to 140C for 80 minutes.