Recipe for a 22cm tube pan and 4 cupcakes
7 Egg whites
3/4 tsp cream of tartar
6 Egg yolks
150g Cake Flour
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Baking Powder 1tsp
85g corn oil
140ml Fresh orange juice
1 Tbsp Orange zest
Preheat oven to 150 °C.
1. Separate egg whites and egg yolks.
2. Mix egg yolks and 50 g sugar until well combined.
3. Add orange juice, oil, orange zest, salt into the egg yolk mixture and mix well.
Sift in flour and baking powder into the egg yolk mixture, mix well to make sure there are no lumps.
4. Beat the egg whites with an electric mixer until foamy then add the cream of tartar. After mixing to almost soft peaks, add 70 g of sugar in three batches, about one-third at a time, and beat well between additions. Continue to beat until the egg whites are stiff and glossy. Don’t over beat it!
5. Gently fold-in half of the meringue into the egg yolk mixture in 3 portions.
6. Pour mixture into an 22cm (8″) tube pan and 4 cupcakes liners and bake in the preheated oven for about 70 minutes.
7.Remove the cake from the oven and invert the pan immediately. Let cake cool completely. Cupcakes not necessary to invert.