Recipe basically adapted from Mel’s blog
50g condensed milk
255g plain flour / all purpose flour
1 egg yolk
1 egg yolk, for egg wash
About 450g Kumquat filling (I used two packets – didn’t check weight)
(blend & puree the kumquat and cooked with sugar and some water)
1. Cream butter and condensed milk till light.
2. Add in egg yolk, and beat until combine.
3. Mix in flour, mix till become a soft and not sticky dough.
4. Put dough into a Nastar mould and press out into strips about 5-6cm long. (I pinch about 10g of dough and used a crimper to shape my tart)
5. Place kumquat jam filling on the edge of a strip and make a small elongated roll.
6. Cut off excess dough, brush with egg glaze.
7. Bake in preheated oven at 170c for 15-18mins or till golden brown.
8. Cool on wire racks before storing.