Recipe source at Table for 2….or more
Ingredients in pink is 1/3 of the original portion – makes 30
250g Butter (use a good one) 83g
75g Castor sugar 25g
170ml cream (whipping cream) 56g
50g cream cheese 17g
3 egg yolks 1 egg yolk
400g cake flour (superfine) 135g
30g corn starch 10g
1 egg yolk + 2 tablespoons milk for glazing
1. Cream butter, sugar and cheese until soft then add in the cream and beat for about 10 minutes on medium speed. Scrap down the sides from time to time. Mixture may curdle but continue beating and it will be creamy eventually.
2. Add the yolks, one by one, beating well after each addition.
3. Add in the sifted flours in 2 addition. Do not over mix. Rest for 10 minutes in the fridge.
4. Pinch out a portion which is double the size of your pineapple filling and wrap it in. Shape into a ball and cut some design as desired.
5. Bake at 160C(fan) for 15 minutes or 180C without fan for 20 minutes or until golden. Cool completely before storing in air tight containers.