Recipe source from here
70g sugar (I used 100g)
5 pandan leaves, knotted
400ml coconut milk
180g rice flour
120g tapioca flour
Red food colouring
1. Boil (A) water, sugar, pandan leaves and coconut milk until sugar dissolved. Discard pandan leaves and set aside to cool completely.
2. Mix (B) rice flour and tapioca flour together in a mixing bowl. Add the liquid into the flour, stir to mix well. Strain the batter.
3. Grease a 7″ square pan. Place the pan in a steamer and steam it for a couple of minutes.
4. Divide batter into 2 portions, one portion about 125g more than the other and add a few drops of red liquid color to the larger portion.
5. Pour 1st layer with white batter into steam pan, and steam for 4mins over medium high heat.
6. Pour 2nd layer with red batter into steam pan, and steam for 4mins.
7. Repeat until all 8 layers set. Add a drop red food colouring to let red batter to become darker red colour and continue to steam for 15mins.
8. Leave the kueh to cool completely (take about 6 hours) at room temperature before cutting (use a plastic knife to cut in order to get neat slices.)
Serve at room temperature. Leftovers have to be kept in covered container in the fridge. Best to finish it in a day.