Banana Ogura Cake by Elaine Kwan
5 egg yolks + 1 whole egg
60g corn oil
90 g mashed banana
1/4 tsp Salt
80g Cake flour
5 Egg whites
1/4 tsp Cream of tartar
utensil :7″ square or 8″ round pan, greased the sides and line the bottom.
1. Whisk egg yolks, 1 whole egg and corn oil until frothy then add banana and mix well. Sift in the flour and salt and mix again until well combined. Set aside while you prepare the meringue.
2. Using an electric mixer, whisk egg white, cream of tartar and castor sugar until firm peaks formed.
3. Mix 1/3 of meringue with yolk batter with a handwhisk. Add another 1/3 portion and fold gently with the whisk. Then pour in balance of meringue. Fold gently using a spatula until no more streaks of meringue can be seen.
4. Pour batter into prepared pan and tap pan lightly to remove air bubbles.
5. Bake in a water bath for 70 minutes at 160°C. Remove from oven and unmould as soon as you can.