Banana Swiss roll with peanut butter cream
Recipe source: Sonia of Nasi Lemak Lover
4 egg yolks
20g caster sugar
30g corn oil
1/2tsp vanilla extract
70g cake flour
100g mashed banana
4 egg whites
60g caster sugar
1tbsp cocoa powder
60g peanut butter
40g unsalted butter, room temp
30g icing sugar
To make Swiss roll sponge:
1. Whisk egg yolks and sugar till light and creamy.
2. Add salt, vanilla, mashed banana and corn oil, stir well. Sift in cake flour and continue to mix until well combined.
3. In another clean bowl, beat egg whites on high speed until foamy, then gradually add in sugar and beat till glossy and soft peaks form.
4. Take one-third of meringue to mix with the egg yolk mixture using a hand whisk. Then fold in the balance using a spatula until well combined.
5. Take one-third of batter, add in cocoa powder, combine well. (I just use a couple of table spoons to mix with a tablespoon of cocoa powder)
6. Pour the batter into baking tray lined with baking paper. Spread evenly with a scraper and put dollops of cocoa batter on the top and use a skewer to swirl the marble effect. Gently knock the tray on tabletop to remove air bubbles trapped in the batter.
7. Bake in preheated oven at 180C for around 13 mins.
8. When cake is done, remove from pan, tear down the paper from the sides and place on a wire rack to cool.
To make peanut butter cream:
1. Simply whisk all the ingredients together until smooth and spreadable.