50g vegetable oil
Pinch of Salt
5 yolks (100g) + 1 Whole egg
75g Plain Flour (5g more flour because we are adding liquid flavourings)
1 tbsp Cocoa powder mix with 2 tbsp hot water
1 tablespoon orange juice and 1 drop of orange essence
1 tbsp red yeast mix with 2 tbsp hot water
5 Eggwhite (200g)
80g Castor sugar
1/2 tsp cream of tartar (can replace with 1 tsp lemon juice)
Prepare a 7″ square pan, line the bottom with paper and grease the sides.
Preheat oven to 155C and get ready a shallow tray to hold the baking pan for water bath.
Boil some water for water bath.
1. Whisk with a hand whisk the first 4 ingredients until combined before adding the flour and whisk until smooth.
2. Divide mixture into 3 equal portions. One mix with cocoa mixture and the other with orange juice and last the red yeast mixture. Leave aside.
3. Beat egg white with an electric mixer until foamy then add in cream of tartar and beat for a minute before adding castor sugar gradually and continue to beat until firm peaks.
4. Divide egg whites into 3 portions, and mix each portion into the respective flavors of yolk batters. Pour into a 7″ square baking pan (lined with baking sheet at the bottom, and bake in a waterbath at 155C for 60 minutes.
5. Invert the cake after baking and let it cool completely before cutting the cake.