Recipe credit – Richard Goh
shared by – Connie Goh
125g brown sugar
200g banana (cut into cubes)
150g cake flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
100g corn oil
1/4 tsp salt – my addition
1) Preheat oven to 160C.
2) Line a 8″ round pan or 7 ” square pan with baking paper. (I doubled up the ingredients and bake in a bundt and 4 cupcakes liners)
3) Sieve cake flour, baking powder and baking soda together.
4) Use an electric stand mixer to whisk eggs, brown sugar and banana till ribbon stage. It took me about 10 minutes on speed 5 and another 2 mins on speed 6 then lower to speed 2 for 1 min. (mixer model: K-Mix Kenwood). i did use an immersion blender to break up the bananas first.
5) Fold in the flour using a hand whisk and mix well. Don’t over mix.
6) Add oil into 1/3 of the batter in a separate bowl and mix well before adding to the rest of the batter. Mix until glossy.
7) Fill prepared baking pan with batter and bake for 40-45 mins or until skewer inserted and comes out clean.
Note to self: 4 cupcakes baked in halogen at 150C for 30 mins. Bundt cake in Smeg Oven at 150C for 50 minutes.