Recipe adapted from Joceline Lyn
5 egg yolk (100 g),
60 g vegetable oil,
100 g full cream milk,
130g semi sweet Chocolate chips
55g plain flour,
25g sugar-free chocolate powder
1/2 tsp Baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Eggwhites of 5 eggs (200g)
80 g sugar,
1/4 tsp salt,
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1. First melt chocolate in a double boiler, stir until smooth and set aside to cool. You can also use the microwave for this part.
2. Stir the egg yolks and oil together, then stir in the milk and slightly warm melted chocolate.
3. Sift in the flour/chocolate powder and mix to a smooth batter.
4. In the mixer, beat eggwhites with sugar and cream of tartar till stiff peaks.
5. Mix in the meringue in 3 portions until smooth. Do not over mix.
6. Poured into a 20cm tube pan and gently knock on the counter top to release trapped bubbles.
7. Bake in a preheated oven at 150C for about 70 minutes.
8. Remove immediately and invert the cake to cool.
I’m joining Best Recipes for Everyone June 2015 Event Theme: Secret of Chiffon & Roll Cakes organized and hosted by Fion of XuanHom’s Mom Kitchen Diary