5 large eggs yolk
100g caster sugar
1.5 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
80g vegetable oil
140 g milk (use cream will be better)
50g semi sweet chocolate
1 tsp cocoa powder
5 large eggs white
80g caster sugar
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1. Heat milk (or cream) in a pot and add chocolate and cocoa powder. Stir until melted. Set aside to cool completely.
2. Sift together the flour, baking powder. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, place the yolks, oil, salt and 100g sugar and beat with a hand whisk until combined and sugar has dissolved. Add the milk/chocolate mixture. Whisk until combined. Set aside.
4. Beat the eggwhites until frothy before adding cream of tartar. Continue beating until fine foams then gradually add in the 80g of sugar. Beat to stiff peaks.
5. When the meringue is almost done, add in flour to the yolk batter and whisk quickly to combine.
6. Add 1/3 of meringue into the yolk batter and mix well with a hand whisk to lighten the batter. Add another 1/3 and mix till combined. Lastly add the final portion and whisk briefly to combine before switching to spatula to scoop batter from bottom and fold up until no more streaks of yolk batter can be seen.
7. Pour into prepared pan and tap on the table top to remove bubbles and also to even out the batter.
8. Bake in preheated oven at 160C for 60-70 minutes. Cool inverted (the cake dropped out by itself)on a rack. Cool completely before slicing.