1 packet 3-in-1 cappuccino mix with 60g warm milk until dissovled
1/8 tsp salt
4 egg yolks
1 small egg
55g superfine flour
4 egg whites (about 150g)
40g caster sugar
1. Whisk with a hand whisk the first 5 ingredients until combined before adding the flour and whisk until smooth.
2. Beat egg white with an electric mixer until foamy then add in cream of tartar and beat for a minute before adding castor sugar gradually and continue to beat until firm peaks.
3. Add 1/3 of meringue into the yolk batter and mix well with a hand whisk to lighten the batter. Add another 1/3 and mix till combined. Lastly add the final portion and whisk briefly to combine before switching to spatula to scoop batter from bottom and fold up until no more streaks of yolk batter can be seen.
4. Pour into a 7″ square baking pan (lined with baking sheet at the bottom), and bake in a water bath at 150C for 60 minutes.
5. Invert the cake after baking, peel off paper and invert back up on to a rack to cool.