Pandan Chiffon Cake:
4 large eggs yolk
50g caster sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
60g vegetable oil
20g coconut milk (santan)
80 g fresh pandan juice – blend 4-5 pandan leaves with 100g of water and squeeze out the juice
4 large eggs white
60g caster sugar
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 Sift together the flour, baking powder. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, place the yolks, oil, salt, vanilla extract, pandan juice and 50g sugar and beat with a hand whisk until all ingredients together. Add in flour and mix until incorporated.
3. Beat the eggwhites until frothy before adding cream of tartar. Continue beating until fine foams then gradually add in the 60g of sugar. Beat to stiff peaks.
4. Add 1/3 of meringue into the yolk batter and mix well with a hand whisk to lighten the batter. Add another 1/3 and mix till combined. Lastly add the final portion and whisk briefly to combine before switching to spatula to scoop batter from bottom and fold up until no more streaks of yolk batter can be seen.
5. Pour into 18cm tube pan and tap on the table top to remove bubbles and also to even out the batter.
6. Bake at 155C for 60 minutes (my oven temperature and timing). Remove from oven and invert immediately to cool.