I used 20cm pan
4 egg yolks
80g Self raising
10g cocoa powder
1/2tsp soda bicarbonate
1/2 tsp salt
1/2tsp cream of tartar
1. In the mixer, beat egg whites with sugar and cream of tartar till stiff peaks.
2. First melt chocolate in a double boiler, stir until smooth and set aside to cool. You can also use the microwave for this part.
3. Stir the egg yolks, 40g sugar, salt and oil together, then stir in the melted chocolate followed by the milk.
4. Sift in the flour/chocolate powder/baking soda and mix to a smooth batter.
5. Mix in the meringue in 3 portions until smooth. Do not over mix.
6. Poured into a 20cm tube pan and gently knock on the counter top to release trapped bubbles.
7. I bake in a preheated oven at 160C for about 70 minutes (2nd level rack). (Adjust according to your own oven)
8. Remove immediately and invert the cake to cool. Proceed to add ganache if you want it more sinful and delicious!
Ganache recipe can be found here