Hokkaido Chiffon Vanilla Cupcakes
60g vegetable oil
100g plain flour
5 egg yolks
1 vanilla pod, scrap out the beans
5 egg whites
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
Ingredients for filling:
120g whipping cream
20g icing sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Mix corn oil and milk together in a medium bowl, add yolks and vanilla beans and whisk until well combined.
2. Add the sift flour, mix the mixture until smooth.
3. Using a stand mixer, whisk the egg white until frothy before adding the cream of tartar and beat till fine foams. Gradually add the sugar and continue to beat until firm peak.
4. Add 1/3 of meringue to the egg yolk batter. Mix until well combined before adding another 1/3 portion. Fold in the remaining meringue until even.
5. Fill up to 90% of the cupcake liner. Bake in preheated oven at 140C for 45-50 mins or until golden brown.
6. Knock the cupcake on table top a few times to prevent shrinking and set aside to cool completely before piping in the filling. Decorate and serve chilled.