Yoghurt tofu cheesecake recipe adapted from Vun Lee’s recipe
200g digestive biscuits
300g silken tofu
250g cream cheese
170g castor sugar
50g full cream milk
175g greek yoghurt
1 pod Vanilla bean + 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Bring all ingredients to room temperature.
2. Crush the digestive biscuits into find crumbs.
3. Melt the butter then pour over the biscuits crumbs. Mix well till mixture resembles wet sand.
4. Place a ring mould on the serving board and pour in the prepared biscuit base. Press firmly until you get an even and dense base. You can also use a spring foam pan if you are not giving the cake away.
5. Place in freezer to set while you prepare the cheesecake mixture.
6. In a small bowl, nuke the water and gelatin for 20 seconds, remove, stir and repeat till gelatin has dissolved. Set aside to cool. Mix milk, tofu, yoghurt, vanilla beans and extract together.
7. In a stand mixer, cream castor sugar and cream cheese until smooth. Add milk, tofu, yoghurt and vanilla beans mixture. Mix until incorporated before adding the cooled gelatin. Continue to beat on low speed until batter is smooth.
8. Remove the ring mould from the freezer and strain the cheese mixture directly into it. Allow cheesecake to set in fridge for a couple of hours before removing the ring. (hint: wrap a hot towel around the ring for easy and clean removal of the cake)
Decorate as desired.