5 egg yolks
60g corn oil
85g Jello crystals
120g AP flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
5 egg whites
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1. Sift flour, salt and baking powder.
2. Beat egg whites until foamy before adding cream of tartar. Continue to beat while gradually adding the sugar and beat till stiff peaks. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl whisk together the first 4 ingredients until blended. Add in the flour mixture, whisk until combined. Set aside.
4. Fold meringue into the yolk batter in 3 portions. Transfer batter into an 8″ greased sides and bottom lined pan. Tap gently to big bubbles. Run a skewer round to remove air pockets.
5. Bake in preheat oven in a water bath at 160C for 80 minutes or until cooked. Remove and unmould then put back to dry in the remaining oven heat if bottom is wet.