Pandan Hokkaido Cuppies
6 large egg yolks
60g natural pandan juice
40g coconut milk (Santan)
90g cake flour
6 egg whites
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1. Prepare 15 square cupcakes liners. Preheat oven to 150C.
2. Sift flour and salt together.
3. Beat egg yolks, oil together until combined before adding pandan juice and santan.
4. Stir in the flour. Set aside.
5. Beat egg whites until frothy before adding cream of tartar. Continue beating while gradually adding the sugar. Beat till firm peaks.
6. Fold in 1/3 of the meringue into the yolk batter with a hand whisk. Add another 1/3 and fold until almost combined. Add the last portion and switch to a spatula to scoop the batter from the bottom of the bowl and fold up. Keep at it until no streaks of yolk batter can be seen.
7. Pour into prepared liners, arrange on a baking tray and bake at 150C for 50 minutes or until cooked.
8. Remove from oven, wait until cuppies are completely cooled before pumping in whipped cream.