250 g AP flour
150 g castor sugar
1 tsp of double acting baking powder
1 tsp baking powder – if you are using self raising flour, please omit this
1 egg, lightly beaten
200 g pandan juice – blend 7-8 pandan leaves with 200g of water and squeeze out the juice then measure out 200g
50 g melted butter
1/2 tsp salt
1. Melt the butter and allow to cool before mixing in the egg. Add sugar into the pandan juice and heat up to dilute the sugar (or you can just keep stirring without heating up which will take longer). If you are heating the juice, allow it to cool first.
2. Place sifted flour, baking powder and double acting baking powder into a large mixing bowl. Add 1/2 tsp salt and give it a few whisk to mix.
3. Make a well in the middle of the flour mixture and slowly add the pandan juice. Mix with a hand whisk until lump free.
4. Add the butter/eggs mixture and mix until batter is smooth.
5. Divide into 6 cups and steam on high heat for 20 minutes.
Notes: make sure the cover of the steamer is wiped dry before steaming the cakes.
Do not open the steamer until the time is up.