50g Coconut paste (if you can’t find this paste, just use santan or coconut cream)
100g Cake Flour, sifted
6 egg yolks
1 tsp Vanilla extract
100g liquid gula melaka (just boil up 60-70g of gula with enough water to dilute and measure out 100g)
1/2 tsp salt
6 egg whites
60g castor sugar
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
Utensil: 7″ square pan, lined the bottom and sides.
1. Mix oil, gula melaka and coconut paste with a hand whisk.
2. Add yolks and salt and mix well. Sift in the flour and mix until well combined.
3. Beat egg whites until frothy before adding cream of tartar and continue to beat until foamy before gradually adding sugar. Beat to firm peaks.
4. Add the meringue in 2-3 portions and mix until well combined.
5. Pour into prepared tin and bake with waterbath at 155C for 80 minutes or until golden brown and springs back when lightly pressed.
6. Remove from oven and allow wait 5 minutes before unmoulding and allow to cool completely on a rack before slicing.