130g Sugar – use icing sugar for melt in texture or castor sugar for crunchy texture.
1 tsp coffee powder
300g Plain flour
80g Corn starch
50g Coconut powder
1 drop of coffee oil
1/2 tsp Salt (omit if using salted butter)
1. Beat butter and sugar. Use low speed to beat for 30 seconds before turning to high speed for about 2-3 mins then add in the egg and vanilla and continue to beat at medium speed till well combined.
2. Add in all the sieved dry ingredients and beat at low speed for approximately 30 seconds. Don’t over mix. Use spatula or hand to knead until fully incorporated.
3. Pipe out desired design on to ungreased baking pan.
4. Bake at 160C for 25-30 minutes or till golden brown.
5. Cool completely on rack before storing in air tight containers.
Note to self: Time the whole process from creaming butter to mixing in flour for 6 minutes only.