Recipe adapted from Baking Tai Tai’s Japanese Cream cheese Chiffon
100g Cream Cheese
40g Butter or vegetable oil
40g castor sugar
80g plain flour
40g Egg yolks (from 2 medium eggs)
140g Egg whites (from 4 medium eggs)
30g sugar (can increase to 40-50g)
Preheat oven to 150C. Line the bottom of a normal aluminiun pan (7″)
1. Melt cheese and butter (if using) with milk in a double boiler. Cool down before adding yolk, sugar and oil (if not using butter)
2. Whisk in the flour until combined before setting aside. Batter will be very thick.
3. Beat egg whites with 30 g of sugar until firm peaks form.
4. Fold in the meringue in 3 portions into the yolk mixture.
5. Pour into prepared pan and bake bain marie stye for 80-90 minutes at 150C.
6. Ummould on to a thin board (Daiso should have). Peel off paper and re-invert on to a crack to cool.