Recipe reference: Victoria Bakes
Ingredients (450g loaf pan)
260g bread flour
3g instant dry yeast
30g sugar (use only 10g for savory version)
2g salt (6g for savory version)
30g butter – omit this if using more than 80g of whipping cream as liquid
180g liquid consist of one egg (without shell) and 80g whipping cream and add water to get the required weight. Please note that if you do not wish to use whipping cream, replace with milk and add butter to the recipe.
1. Mix all ingredients (except butter, if using and 20g of liquid) together and knead into a smooth dough. Add in the remaining 20g liquid only if your dough is still too dry.
2. Add butter if you are using and continue to knead until pliable and can be stretched without breaking easily. This is important to achieve good results.
3. Divide dough into 2-3 portions, then roll out flat (try to get the width to be as wide as your loaf pan) and then roll up like you would a swiss roll, and place into greased loaf pan.
4. Allow dough to rise up to 90% of original size before baking in preheated oven at 170C, on 2nd rack (counting from bottom) for 45-50 mins. If it browns too quickly, cover with foil when it has turned golden and continue baking until done.
5. Remove and unmould immediately and allow to cool on rack to avoid condensation on the bread.