Meat Floss Swiss Rolls
3 egg yolks
30g corn oil
15g corn flour
60g superfine flour
pinch of salt
3 egg whites
40g castor sugar
1/8 tsp cream of tartar
Meat floss, some chopped scallion
Some cheese mayo – mix softened cream cheese with some mayo, salt and pepper and some finely chopped scallion
Line and grease a 9″X 13″ baking tray. Preheat oven to 160C.
1.Using a hand whisk, mix together yolks, milk and oil until well combined.
2) Sift the flours and mix into the yolk mixture until combined. Leave aside while you prepare the meringue.
3) Use an electrical whisk to beat the egg whites until foamy before adding the cream of tartar. Beat a couple of seconds before adding the sugar gradually and continue to beat until firm peaks form.
4) Fold meringue into the yolk mixture in 3 additions. Sprinkle some chopped scallion on to the prepared baking pan. Gently pour ready batter into the prepared pan slowly. Shake the pan from side to side to even out the top.
5) Bake on middle rack at 160C for 15-20minutes or until golden brown. Press lightly on the center of the cake. If it springs back then it’s a good indication that it is cooked. Otherwise, bake a little longer and test again.
6) Remove from the oven and cool on a rack then peel off the paper liner.
7) Invert the top side of the cake to face down on a piece of baking paper. Apply a thin layer of cheese mayo on the surface, then liberally sprinkle on the meat floss. Press lightly so that it adhered to the cheese mayo.
8. Roll up into a swiss roll as tightly as possible, using the baking paper to support the cake as you roll. Wrap up the completed swissroll in the baking paper and chill for a couple of hours.
9. To serve, trim off the ends and cut into thin slices. Garnish with more cheese mayo and meat floss.