Recipe adapted from Baking Tai Tai’s Japanese Cream cheese Chiffon
200g Cream Cheese
80g castor sugar
160g plain flour
80g Egg yolks (from 4 medium eggs)
1/2 tsp salt
280g Egg whites (from 8 medium eggs)
Preheat oven to 150C. Grease a 10 cup bundt pan well.
1. Melt cheese and butter (if using) with milk in a double boiler. Cool down before adding yolk, sugar and oil (if not using butter)
2. Whisk in the flour until combined before setting aside. Batter will be very thick.
3. Beat egg whites with 80 g of sugar until firm peaks form.
4. Fold in the meringue in 3 portions into the yolk mixture.
5. Pour into prepared pan and bake bain marie style for 70 minutes at 150C. Switch off the oven, remove the water pan and put back the cake to bake in the residual heat for about 15-20 minutes.
6. Ummould on to a thin plastic board to cool.