Cut Out Butter Cookies
130g rice flour
113g unsalted butter, room temperature
60g Icing Sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Heat oven to 150C. Sift flour with salt.
2. Place sugar, butter and vanilla extract in your mixer bowl and beat on medium high until smooth, scrapping down the bowl when necessary.
3. Mix in flour until all is blended and shaggy dough forms.
4. Remove mixer bowl from machine and gently knead dough into a ball. Wrap dough in cling film and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
5. Take a portion of dough. Keep remaining portion of dough in the refrigerator until needed.
6. Roll out dough to desired thickness and cut out your shapes. Place cut out dough onto a parchment paper covered cookie sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, depending on the size and thickness of cookies, rotating halfway through the bake time.
7. Remove from the oven. While still soft and hot use a smaller, flat baking pan to lightly press down and flatten the cookies. This prevents buckling and creates a flat surface for decorating.
8. Transfer to a wire cooling rack. Let cool completely before decorating.