120g All purpose
20g Almond flour
2g Clabber Girl Double Acting Baking Powder
100g unsalted Butter
40g Sour cream
120g castor sugar
2 Large eggs
1/2 tsp salt
Variation 1: 5g Cocoa Powder
10g Heavy cream/whipping cream (can replace with evaporated milk)
Variation 2: 5g greentea powder + 10g heavy cream ( can replace with evaporated milk)
- Sift the cake flour, almond flour, and baking powder together. Preheat the oven to 150°C fan mode. Grease an 8″ loaf pan (7″ if you want a taller cake)
- Beat butter, sour cream, and sugar in mixer until creamy and pale. Add lightly beaten eggs gradually until well blended.
- Add in sifted dry ingredients in 2-3 portions and mix until incorporated.
- Remove about 100g of batter and add in cocoa powder and heavy cream and mix to combine.
- Randomly add both batters into prepared pan and swirl with a chopstick for marble effect.
- Bake in a preheated 150°C oven for about 40 minutes. Cover with aluminium foil for the last 10 minutes if cake is browning too fast.
- Let the cake cool for a while in the mold, then turn it out. Wrap with aluminium foil and cover with plastic wrap. Preferably let it rest overnight before serving. I only rest it for a couple of hours before cutting.