Semolina Butter Cake adapted from here
250g Butter (salted)
160g Caster sugar
5 large eggs, separated
1 tsp baking powder
100g semolina, lightly toasted
50g almond meal, lightly toasted
1 tsp vanilla essence
1. Cream butter with 120g sugar until light and creamy. Add the cooled semolina followed by the milk. Mix well and let it soak for at least an hour.
2. At the end of the hour, add in the yolk one by one until fully incorporated. Add in vanilla, flour and almond meal and mixed until combined.
3. Beat egg white until frothy then gradually add the remaining 40g of sugar and beat till stiff peaks.
4. Fold in the meringue to the yolk batter in 3 portions until fully incorporated.
5. Transfer batter into a lined 7″ square tin and bake at 160C for 50-55 minutes or until cooked.
6. Remove from oven and cooled slightly before unmould and cooled completely on rack.