Light Japanese Cotton Cheesecake
250g cream cheese
80ml corn oil or canola oil
60g corn flour (sifted)
50g castor sugar
6 eggs (separate yolks and whites)
40ml lemon juice
100g castor sugar
1. First preheat oven at 150 degree C and line bottom of an 8″ round cake pan. Grease the sides.
2. Melt cheese with 50g sugar and oil in a double boiler, whisking until u get a smooth batter. Remove from heat. Add in cold milk and whisk until smooth.
3. Whisk in the egg yolks then add lemon juice. Add corn flour and whisk again until well combined.
4. Next beat up egg whites on high speed and add spoonfuls of the 100g castor sugar until u get firm peaks meringue.
5. Add 1/3 of the meringue into the cheese mixture and gently fold until combined. Repeat with another 1/3 until all is used up.
6. Transfer batter into prepared pan (you might have extra if your eggs are large)
7. Bake the cakes in water bath for 80-90 minutes or until cooked.
8. Remove from oven, leave to cool a few minutes before unmoulding. Chill over night before cutting with serrated knife to get neat slices.
There’s a video in Youtube done by a lady using this recipe that you can watch here