Copycat Butter Cookies
largely adapted from Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids
100g salted butter, preferably the canned kind (I used french butter Elle)
30g icing sugar
85g bread flour (recommended with 12.5% protein)
15g corn flour
1 tsp vanilla extract (my addition)
The way I did mine using my Kenwood stand mixer:
1. Beat slightly softened but still cold butter with icing sugar for 1 minutes on medium speed. Add in vanilla extract half way through.
2. Add in sifted flours all at once and beat on low until fully incorporated (about 30 seconds).
3. Remove mixing bowl and use a spatula to mix batter until smooth.
4. Transfer to piping bag fixed with star nozzle and pipe out cookies.
5. Bake at 160C on middle rack until cookies are no longer shiny before reducing temperature to 140C and continue baking until golden brown. Mine cookies too about 30 minutes to bake.