Cinnamon Banana Bread adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction
200g All Purpose Flour
50g Wholemeal Flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon Clabber Girl Double Acting Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
100g brown sugar
60g slightly softened butter, (omit salt if using salted)
2 large eggs
200g mashed very ripe banana (about 3 medium size bananas)
80g sour cream (or yoghurt)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the cinnamon swirl, mix together:
50g fine sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the glaze:
60g icing sugar, sifted
1 Tablespoon milk
1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
Preheat oven to 170C. Line and grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan. Set aside.
1. Sift together the flours, baking soda, double acting baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
2. In a stand mixer, beat the brown sugar and butter until well blended before adding the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. With mixer on low speed, add in the mashed banana, yogurt, and vanilla.
4. Stop the machine, add the dry ingredients all at once and mix on low speed for 30 seconds. Do NOT overmix. Batter will be thick.
5. Spoon half of the batter into prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar swirl ingredients then top with remaining batter.
6. Bake in preheated over at 170C for 40-45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for few minutes then unmould and continue cooling on rack.
7. Once completely cool, prepare the glaze by mixing all ingredients together until smooth then drizzle all over the loaf.