Banana Walnut Butter Cake
250g salted Butter, soften
140g brown sugar
4 large eggs (65g)
270g Cake Flour
2 tsp Double Acting Baking Powder (I used Clabber Girl)
1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
240g Ripe Bananas, mashed (mash it just before you want to add to avoid oxidisation
50g lightly crushed Walnuts
Banana (slices) and 6 pieces whole walnuts for decoration – Optional
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C (degree Celsius), grease and line a 7″ square cake pan with baking paper.
2. Beat butter and sugar using an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time until well mixed. Scrap in between each egg to get a well mixed batter.
3. With th mixer running on low speed, add in half portion of the sifted flours (flour, Double Acting Baking Powder, baking soda) then add in mashed banana and lastly the remaining portion of flour. Add the crushed walnuts and switch to a spatula to fold everything into an even batter. Do not over mix!
4. Pour batter into prepared cake pan, top with sliced bananas and whole walnuts.
5. Bake in preheated oven for approximately 1 hour or until a skewer in the middle comes out clean.
6. Cool a few minutes before unmoulding and continue to cool on the rack.