Green Tea Sponge Cake
Yolk batter ingredients:-
6 Egg yolk
15g Green tea Powder
1/2 tsp salt
6 Egg whites
100g Caster Sugar
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
utensil: 7″ square or 8″ round pan, grease the sides and line the bottom.
1) Using a hand whisk, mix together egg yolks, milk and oil until well combined.
2) Sift in the flour and green tea powder and mix until combined. Leave aside while you prepare the meringue.
3) Use an electrical whisk to beat the egg whites until foamy before adding the cream of tartar. Beat a couple of seconds before adding the sugar gradually and continue to beat until firm peaks formed.
4) Fold meringue into the yolk mixture in 3 additions. Pour ready batter into the prepared pan slowly from a height to get rid of big bubbles. Shake the pan from side to side to even out the top.
5) Bake in a water bath at 155C for 80-85 minutes or until cooked. Press lightly on the center of the cake. If it springs back then it’s a good indication that it is cooked. Otherwise, bake a little longer and test again.
6) Remove from the oven and invert on to a non-stick pan; peel off the paper liner. Immediately invert back on to a rack and let it cool completely