25g corn oil
35g fresh pandan juice
3 eggs (65g) cold from fridge
90g castor sugar
100g cake flour
1/4 tsp fine salt
- Mix corn oil and pandan juice together, set aside.
- Mix flour and salt together, sift them twice, set aside.
- Remove eggs from the fridge, add into the mixing bowl, add in castor sugar and start beating until pale, thick and fluffy (I use Kenwood Chef stand mixer with balloon whisk, 2 mins at speed 5, 11 mins at speed 3, 2 mins at Speed 2, total time 15mins )
- With mixer running at speed 1 (lowest) proceed to add flour spoon by spoon, then drizzle in corn oil and pandan juice mixture. Do not over mix. Remove mixing bowl and use a spatula to continue folding the batter till well combined.
- Pour batter in a lined 12 holes muffin pan until 90% full. Lightly tap on counter top twice to remove air bubbles.
- Bake at pre-heated oven at 170C for 25mins at middle rack. Cool on rack before storing in container.