Strawberry jelly cake shared by YeoSH (FB group member)
8″ sq pan
170g digestive biscuit
250g cream cheese
70g (1/3 cup) sugar
juice from half a lemon (optional)
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 tsp gelatin
150 ml hot water
90g strawberry flavor crystal jelly
180ml hot water
220ml cold water
Strawberries for decoration
1. Melt butter in microwave or use a double boiler method. Set aside.
2. Crush digestive biscuits until fine.
3. Add in the cooled melted butter into crushed biscuits.
4. Stir to mix thoroughly then transfer into pan and press biscuit firmly to the bottom of tray. Keep in freezer to chill while you prepare the next step.
6. Prepare yr strawberries, cut the top to make it look like heart shape.
1.Put the cream cheese in mixer then put in sugar n vanilla essence n mixed till smooth
2. Dissolve gelatin with 150ml hot water stir till dissolved put aside to cool.
3. Pour in gelatine solution and lemon juice, if using, into cream cheese mixture. Mixed in well.
4. Pour the mixture onto the biscuits layer and arrange the heart shape strawberries on top. (Note: I put it into the freezer for a few minutes before placing the strawberries on top to prevent it sinking to the bottom.)
5. Cool it in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
Add 180ml of hot water into the jelly mixture and stir until fully dissolved before adding 120ml cold water and stir to combine.
Add in jelly on top of cheese layer and put the cake into the fridge to set before slicing.