80g Fresh milk
60g Corn Oil or other vegetable oil
100g Cake flour
1 tsp Vanilla extract
5 Egg yolks (weight of eggs about 65g with shell)
5 Egg Whites
1. Preheat oven to 125C.
2. Combine egg yolks, vanilla extract and beat lightly. Set aside.
3. Heat oil in a saucepan until about 70C degree, then add all the sifted flour and cook through. Transfer to a mixing bowl and add in milk, whisk to combine and then slowly add the egg mixture bit by bit, stirring with a spatula or whisk until smooth. Set aside.
4. To make meringue, place the egg whites in a clean dry bowl of the mixer and beat until foamy. Gradually add sugar and beat to firm glossy peaks.
5. Add 1/3 of the meringue to the batter and fold lightly. Pour the batter into the remaining meringue and lightly fold in until just incorporated. Gently pour into prepared paper liners right up to 95% full and tapping gently to level, and bake on middle level of oven for 20 minutes at 125C then increase temperature to 150C for another 10 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Remove baked cupcakes from oven and tap each cupcakes on the table to release hot steam. I was told this could minimize shrinkage.
Cool completely before piping in filling and decorate.