75g Self Raising Flour
30g Organic Black Sesame Powder
20g organic coconut oil
45g corn oil
4 large egg yolks (65g egg)
1/4 tsp salt
4 egg whites
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
Utensil: 18cm tube pan, do not grease
1. Preheat oven to 160C.
2. Sieve flour then add in the sesame powder and whisk to combine.
3. In a mixing bowl add coconut oil, salt and yolks and whisk until combined then add the milk and whisk again until smooth. Set aside.
4. To make the meringue, place the egg whites in a clean dry bowl of the mixer and beat until foamy. Add Cream of tartar and continue to beat while adding the sugar and continue beating until the egg whites are glossy and firm. Set aside.
5. Add the flour mixture to the YOLK mixture and use a hand whisk to blend until smooth.
6. Add 1/3 of the meringue to the yolk batter and fold lightly to mix before adding the next 1/3 portion, fold in until just incorporated and then adding the final 1/3 portion and fold until no streaks of meringue can be seen. Gently pour into prepared pan and bake for 80 minutes or until golden brown. Follow your own oven temperature and time please.
6. Remove baked cake from oven and immediately invert to cool completely before unmoulding.
Note 1: this cake is baked using Elba oven with above stated temperature.