4 Egg yolks
85 g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
50 g Corn oil
70 g Milk
30 g Parmesan cheese (finely grated)
4 egg whites
85g sugar – can remove 20g to add into yolk batter if you wish
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1. Hand whisk egg yolks and 20g sugar until sugar has dissolved.
2. Add in corn oil and milk, mix with hand whisk until combined.
3. Add in flour and cheese, mix again then set aside.
4. Beat egg whites over high speed till foamy. Add cream of tartar and continue to beat and gradually add the remaining 65g sugar and to beat till firm peaks.
5. Take 1/3 portion of egg white mixture and use hand whisk to mix with egg yolk mixture till combine.
6. Fold the balance of egg white mixture into egg yolk mixture, combine well.
7. Pour cake mixture into baking pan and bake at pre-heated oven at 160c for 50min.