Hokkaido Bread Loaf
270g bread flour
30g plain flour
10g milk powder
40g caster sugar
1 tsp instant yeast
90g Hokkaido Fresh Milk (if can’t find just use fresh milk)
80g whipping cream
10g unsalted butter
1. In your mixing bowl with dough hook, put in both flour and milk powder then place sugar, salt and finally yeast on the top.
2. Add in the egg, milk & whipping cream and knead into a soft dough.
3. Add in the butter and continue to knead for about 10 minutes then test by pinching a small ball and stretch it as thin as possible. If the dough doesn’t break, it’s ready.
4. Shape into a smooth ball and proof until doubled in size. Punch down gently and shape into a log and place into a 20 x 10 x 10cm pan.
5. Proof a second time until it went about an inch above the rim and bake in preheated oven at 170C for 35-40 minutes. Test for doneness by knocking on the crust, if sounds hollow, it’s done.
6. Remove from oven, let it cool in pan for 5 minutes then remove and cool on rack. Slice only when bread is completely cool.