Orange Butter Cake
(followed Kerlyn’s method of preparation again, it’s awesome!)
250g salted butter
150g caster sugar
100ml fresh orange juice
Zest of 2 oranges
250g self-raising flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1. Sieve together flour and baking powder, set aside.
2. Beat butter, orange zest and 20g sugar till light and fluffy.
3. Add in the flour and orange juice alternately, starting and ending with flour. Beat until mixture is smooth. Set aside.
4. In a stand mixer whisk eggs and 130g sugar until ribbon stage then lower the speed and slowly add the butter mixture and mix until well combine. Scrap down as needed.
5. Pour batter into a lined 7″ square cake pan and bake at 160C for 60 minutes or until cooked.
6. Remove and let cool in pan for 10 minutes before unmoulding and continue to cool on rack.
Note to self: Baked with Smeg oven using fan mode at 150C for 1hr.