Banana Streusel Muffins
190g all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large bananas, mashed
150g castor sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
75g butter, melted
50g brown sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon butter
Preheat oven to 180C. Line with muffin pan with muffin paper cups.
1. In a small bowl, prepare the streusel by mixing together the brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon. Rub the tablespoon of butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Keep in fridge until needed.
2. Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a large mixing bowl.
3. In another bowl, place mashed bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter.
4. Pour the banana mixture into the flour mixture and gently stir with a spatula until just until combined. Do not over mix or you will end up with tough muffins! Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups up to 90% full. Sprinkle the prepared streusel over muffins.
5.Bake in preheated oven for 18-20 minutes, until a skewer inserted into centre of a muffin comes out clean.
6. Remove from the muffin pans to cool on rack. Best to enjoy these muffins while still warm.