Recipe Credit goes to Enne Ty
Banana chiffon cake ( cook dough method )
220g banana purée
5 egg yolks (65g eggs)
60 g oil
140 g cake flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
5 egg whites
85 g caster sugar (can add more if banana is not very sweet)
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
Utensil used: 20cm Tube Pan
- Sift all dry ingredients and place in the bowl.
- Heat oil to 70C (estimation is fine) and add in the flour. Remove from heat and stir until combined.
- Add in banana purée and yolks and mix till well incorporated. Set aside.
- Whisk egg white to firm peaks.
- Add meringue in 3 portions into the yolk batter and pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 160 C for about 70-80 mins. or until cooked.
- Remove from oven and immediately invert it to cool completely before unmolding.