Pandan Chiffon (Cooked dough)
140g Self raising flour, sifted
120g pandan juice
30g santan (coconut milk)
6 egg yolks (65g egg)
1/2 tsp salt
6 egg whites
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
Utensil: used 20cm but recommend to use 21-22cm
1. Preheat oven to 160C.
2. Combine Pandan juice and coconut milk. Set aside. Separate your eggs.
3. Heat oil in a saucepan, using low heat about 70C then add the sifted flour (mix the salt into the flour)and mix with a spatula or hand whisk. Mixture will be smooth and thick at this stage. Transfer to a mixing bowl and add the pandan/coconut milk mixture and mix until blended. Next, slowly add the egg yolk mixture slowly, stirring with a spatula or whisk until a smooth batter is achieved. Set aside.
4. To make the meringue, place the egg whites in a clean dry bowl of the mixer and beat until foamy. Add Cream of tartar and continue to beat while adding the sugar and continue beating until the egg whites are glossy but at soft peaks.
5. Add 1/3 of the meringue to the batter and fold lightly to mix before adding the next 1/3 portion, fold in until just incorporated and then adding the final 1/3 portion and fold until no streaks of meringue can be seen. Gently pour into prepared pan, and bake for 70-80 minutes or until golden brown. Follow your own oven temperature and time please.
6. Remove baked cake from oven and immediately invert to cool completely before unmoulding.