Largely adapted from Munira’s recipe
MOIST CARROT CAKE
100 g Walnuts, roasted and chopped
340 g Carrots, finely grated
260 g All-purpose Flour
3/4 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
1.5 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1.5 tsp Cinnamon Powder
4 Large Eggs
240 g Fine Sugar
240 ml Vegetable Oil
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
150 g Canned Pineapples, drained and blended
1. Preheat oven at 180°C. Grease and flour your baking pan. I used two 6″ round and a small bundt cake pan.
2 Sift together flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt and cinnamon powder. Set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, beat eggs and sugar on high speed until pale and thick. Lower the mixer speed and add oil slowly. Next add the vanilla extract.
4. Add the dry ingredients in 2-3 portions until just incorporated. Next fold in the pineapple paste.
5. Remove mixer and fold in carrot and walnut with a spatula until well incorporated. Pour into prepared pans.
6. Bake in the middle rack for 30-35 mins or until golden and skewer inserted comes clean.
7. Let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes before inverting onto a wired rack to cool completely.
Note: I baked with Smeg oven at 160C (fan mode).
CREAM CHEESE GLAZE
125 g Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract (I used 2 tsp lemon juice)
4 Tbsp Icing Sugar, sifted
Milk as needed (I used whipping cream)
1. Beat cream cheese until creamy. Add Lemon juice and icing sugar.
2. Slowly add cream a teaspoon at a time until you reach the desired consistency.
3. Frost cake when it is completely cooled. Garnish with extra walnuts.
Cream cheese frosting (for stiff frosting)
125g Cream Cheese (soften)
50g butter (soften)
50g icing sugar (sifted)
few drops of lemon juice
Method: Whip all the ingredients together until smooth.