Salted Eggs Cookies
Adapted from Baking Tai Tai
If you can’t find the salted egg yolk powder, please refer to this post using the mashed salted egg yolks
120g of unsalted Butter (softened) – initially use 100g but find the dough too dry so rub in another 20g.
50g castor sugar
180g plain flour
50g salted eggs powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg yolk for glaze
some sesame seeds to sprinkle on the top
Preheat oven to 160C. Sift flour, salt and salted egg powder together.
1. Cream 100g butter with sugar with a hand held mixer until pale and creamy.
2. Add in the sifted ingredients and mix with a spatula until a dough form. If dough is too dry, rub in some soft butter (20g) to form a soft dough.
3. Roll out and cut with a cutter.
4. Egg wash and sprinkle some sesame seeds over the top.
5. Bake at 160C for 20 minutes, turning the tray half way through for even browning.
6. Remove and cool completely before storing in an air tight container.
Notice:~ Just to inform that I have created a new group on Facebook as I am phasing out my blog posts because I have limited space left! So if you do not see anymore activities here, please head on over to that group to search for recipes which would be easy to find in the FILES folder (located on the top of the page) or in Albums.