Recipe largely adapted from the cook book Okashi
150g self raising flour, sifted
150g unsalted butter, slightly soften
110g ICING sugar, sifted
15g Glucose (I replace with corn syrup)
3 Large Eggs (150g)
5g Earl Grey tea (I use from teabags)
15g ground almonds
1 tablespoon milk
Optional: Lemon sugar syrup for brushing
Boil 100g water with 50g sugar, simmer until thickens then add 2 tablespoons of Lemon juice.
1. In the stand mixer, cream butter with glucose and icing sugar until fluffy. Add in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Scrap down when necessary.
2. Add the salt, tea and almonds and whisk a minute to blend.
3. Finally with the mixer running on low speed, add half the sifted flour, whisk 30 seconds, then add the milk, whisk another 30 seconds then add the remaining flour. Whisk for 2-3 minutes until well blended.
4. Switch to spatula and mix until batter is really well blended.
5. Transfer into a 8″ x 4″ loaf pan (greased and lined the bottom). Smooth the top and cut a line down the middle.
6. Bake in preheated oven at 145C (fan) or 160C (without fan) for 50-60 minutes or until cooked.