5 egg yolk
75g self raising flour
5g matcha powder (add more if you want it stronger)
20g castor sugar
1/4 tsp of salt
60g of corn oil or other vegetable oil
5 egg whites
60g castor sugar
10g corn starch
1. Preheat oven to 160C.
2. Sieve flour and matcha powder together and set aside. Mix the corn starch with 60g castor sugar. Set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl add oil, sugar, milk, salt and yolks and whisk until combined then add the sifted flours. Continue to mix until batter is smooth. Set aside.
4. To make the meringue, place the egg whites in a clean dry bowl of the mixer and beat until foamy. Gradually add the sugar mixture and continue to beat until the egg whites are glossy with firm peaks.
5. Add 1/3 of the meringue to the batter and fold lightly to mix before adding the next 1/3 portion, fold in until just incorporated and then adding the final 1/3 portion and fold until no streaks of meringue can be seen. Transfer the into a 20cm tube pan, use a skewer to run around the pan to remove big bubbles and bake in preheated oven for 70-80 minutes or until golden brown. Follow your own oven temperature and time please.
6. Remove baked cake from oven and invert immediately to cool.