Yogurt Cranberry Chiffon
6 egg yolks (65g eggs with shell)
50g vegetable oil
40g castor sugar
150g plain yogurt
120g cake flour
1/4 tsp salt
6 egg whites
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
60g castor sugar
60g chopped dried cranberries, coat with a tablespoon of flour
1. Preheat oven to 160C.
2. Sieve flour and set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl add oil, sugar, yoghurt, salt and yolks and whisk until combined then add the sifted flour. Continue to mix until batter is smooth. Set aside.
4. To make the meringue, place the egg whites in a clean dry bowl of the mixer and beat until foamy. Add Cream of tartar and continue to beat while adding the sugar and continue beating until the egg whites are glossy with firm peaks.
5. Add 1/3 of the meringue to the batter and fold lightly to mix before adding the next 1/3 portion, fold in until just incorporated and then adding the final 1/3 portion and fold until no streaks of meringue can be seen. Gently fold in the cranberries and transfer the into prepared pan, and bake in preheated oven for 70-80 minutes or until golden brown. Follow your own oven temperature and time please.
6. Remove baked cake from oven and invert immediately to cool.