Chocolate Flakes Wholemeal Chiffon
Got the idea to add wholemeal flour from Ann Tan (FB Member)
6 Egg Yolks (65g eggs with shell)
70g Sunflower Oil
100g Full cream Milk
110g Self Raising Flour
25g Wholemeal flour
70g finely chopped chocolate (I used dark chocolate)
30g Caster sugar
1/4 tsp salt
6 Egg Whites
80g Caster Sugar
1/4 tsp Cream of Tartar
Preheat oven to 160C lowest rack.
1. Mix yolks, oil, milk and 30g sugar in a bowl, stirring with a whisk until sugar has dissolved. Set aside.
2. Mix together wholemeal flour, self raising flour and salt. Stir in the chocolate flakes. Set aside.
3. Whisk egg whites until foamy then add in cream of tartar and whisk while gradually adding in the sugar until glossy and firm. Set aside.
4. To the yolk batter, add the flour mixture and stir gently until just mixed.
5. Fold 1/3 of the meringue to the egg yolk batter and mix until batter is lightened. Add in the remaining meringue in 2 portions and fold until no streaks of batter can be seen.
6. Pour batter into 20 or 21cm tube pan and bake in preheated oven at 160*C for 60 minutes or until cooked.
7. Remove from oven and immediately invert to cool completely before unmoulding.